Not to be outdone we at The Bright Stuff thought we would prepare a similar set of guidelines for the use and protection of intellectual property.
We also go one better than the Church of England, and bring you not 9, but 10 Commandments of IP.
- Thou shalt not pass off thy goods as those of thine neighbour.
- Thou shalt not copy.
- Thou shalt register thy patents, trade marks and designs.
- Thou shalt not make groundless threats of infringement proceedings.
- Thou shalt ensure that all rights in IP created for you shall belong to you.
- Thou shalt not confuse trade marks with copyright.
- Thou shalt use thy trade marks within 5 years of registration or thou shall lose them.
- Thou shalt not disclose any invention to an investor without a confidentiality agreement in place.
- Thou shalt include thy patent number on thy goods or their packaging.
- Thou shalt have no trade mark rights in non-distinctive signs.